My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tortilla Press Cantina Review.

On Monday night, Heather and I went to the Tortilla Press Cantina in Pennsauken. It’s the sister restaurant to the Tortilla Press, in Collingswood, where we had brunch. Collingswood is dry but Pennsauken is not so we were looking forward to having a couple of margaritas with our meal. We made our reservations through OpenTable.com and earned 1,000 dining points because it was a Monday night. Woo-hoo!

The inside of the restaurant is bright and lively, decorated in primary colors of red, yellows, and blues. A center, raised dining area is surrounded with a u-shaped area of tables on the right and the bar on the eft. Our waitress, Rebecca, was extremely helpful and patient as we struggled with choosing from the assortment of delicious-sounding menu items. Actually, I can't remember when I've had better service.



We decided to start with some top shelf margaritas on the rocks, the Supreme Cantina Margarita. ($7.00) Rebecca assured us that the margaritas were made from scratch and not from a mix. Boy, was she telling the truth! What a difference it makes to have a margarita made with fresh limes. And top shelf for only $7.00 is truly a bargain. While we were deciding what to eat and sipping on our drinks, complimentary chips accompanied by salsa and black bean dip arrived at our table. The dip was “scooped” on top of the fresh-made salsa and tasted wonderful together with the crisp tortilla chips.

One of the specials of the night was 2 chile rellenos made from poblano peppers. It sounded so good but we each had decided to get burritos so we asked Rebecca if we could get one as an appetizer. She eagerly obliged. When it arrived, it looked beautiful. Heather and I attacked it and we were almost done when I realized that I hadn’t taken a picture of it. I guess I am still a novice at this restaurant review stuff.



Heather ordered the Fire Hot Beef Burito. ($15.00) It came chock full of shredded beef, beans, cheese, and roasted jalapeno peppers and a side of Jalapeno Potato Salad and beans. Their burritos are made with rice inside and Heather requested to have the rice on the side instead. It was no problem. I have to tell you that this is one tasty and hot burrito. I had a bite and my lips were tingling for a good 10 minutes afterwards. The jalapeno potato salad was not spicy but Heather said it went well with the heat from the burrito.


I ordered the Shrimp and Scallops Burrito ($16.50) which was was filled with huge shrimp, scallops, white rice & sautéed spinach and topped with guajillo chile cream sauce & queso fresco. It was served with sautéed vegetable medley. All I can say is, “Wowsa!” This was perhaps the best tasting buritto I have hade in my life and that is saying something. In fact, it was so huge I could eat only half. (The rest was lunch the next day)

We had so much fun dining at the Tortilla Press Cantina. If you’re tired of fast food style Mexican meals, then this place is for you. The service is excellent, the menu extensive, and the food is fresh and innovative. Add in the reasonable prices and you’ve got no reason not to go. Aand if you do, you’ll probably see us there because we definitely will be back!

The Tortilla Press Cantina is located at 7716 Maple Avenue, Pennsauken, NJ. 856-488-0005

3 comments:

RBV said...

I see that you are a lover of food much like myself! Love the site, but the pics make me hungry...I'm supposed to be detoxing! Argh!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I have been wondering about this place. Do you think I can bring a two-year old, or is is a quiet place?

Preston said...

Go ahead and bring the two year old. The foods great and the staff is very friendly.

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button