My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

I had my first rehearsal tonight for the Amorous Ambassdor.  I've never heard of the play before and I have to admit that I was too lazy busy to read any of it until I got to rehearsal tonight. (I know, I'm bad.)  Well it turns out the play is absolutely hysterical.

There's lots of physical comedy and clever matching dialogue to go along with it.  My character is a bumbling Marine who gets hit in the head several times with a door and gets knocked out each time.  After each blow, he gets whackier and whackier.  The butler gets his hand superglued to the secretary's butt and later gets his tie caught in the Ambassador's daughter's shirt's zipper.  (Wow, that is a mouthful.)  You know a show is going to be funny when everyone is laughing during the first rehearsal.

I've previously done shows with the director and many of the cast members. I am so happy to be working with them again.  The Village Playbox is a really good small theater group that truly believes in putting on quality shows but having fun while they do it.  Which is exactly where I want to be. I'll keep you all posted as rehearsals progress.

7 comments:

Brandy said...

You're doing a play?! ~must remember to follow you so that I don't sound dumb again!

That's so cool! Congrats again on the win!

Meaghan said...

Just stopping by to say HI and by the way....LOVE your Spirit Jump button :)

WheresMyAngels said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish it was here. I need to get to some plays, I haven't been to one in years. Gosh, the last one I saw, my sister was in. Like 16 years ago! lol

Preston said...

Brandy - Thanks. I had my second rehearsal tonight!

Meaghan - Thanks for stopping by. Are you a spirit jumper?

Wheremyangels - Welcome back. I wish you could come see my play too.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Dawna said...

Sounds like fun!

Mandy said...

That sounds like so much fun! We need more things like this--everyone is so stressed out about the economy, the world-going-to-hell, etc., that we've forgotten how to have fun. Break a leg!

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button