My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mediterranean Meatloaf - Comfort Food with Flair


I love comfort food. Who can’t resist home-made mac and cheese, creamy mashed potatoes, chicken pot pies, and meatloaf. So when Heather surprised me with meatloaf for dinner tonight, I was very excited. And meatloaf from Heather is not your ordinary, every-day meatloaf. Heather is always trying new variations of tastes and textures. Today was no exception. Today we had Mediterranean meatloaf.

Heather likes to make her meatloaf in individual loaf pans. This provides each person with their own equal serving and it looks damned pretty on the plate, too! Yes, I said it. Meatloaf can look pretty! Anyway, if you don’t have mini-loaf pans, you can make it as one big meatloaf or Heather suggest just make individual loaf shapes and bake it all on a cookie sheet. Here’s her recipe.

Mediterranean Meatloaf
1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
3 minced jalepenos
½ cup minced onion
¼ cup chopped black olives
¼ cup chopped chives
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350° . Mix beef, eggs, and crackers. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide into three mini-loaf pans. (Can easily be divided into 4 loaf pans.) Place pans on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in middle rack of oven. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until tops are crispy and meat has slightly pulled away from sides of pan. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing meatloaf from pan. Serve with couscous and a Greek salad.
Note: Do not invert pan onto plate. Run a knife around the inside edges of the meatloaf to insure the loaf is not attached to the pan. Use a fork or mini-spatula to remove loaf from pan.

No comments:

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button