My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Food for Thought

  • In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
  • It is not that some people have will power and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and some are not. -- James Gordon, MD
  • The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. -- Ralph W. Sockman
  • I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits then strict justice. -- Abraham Lincoln (speech in Washington, DC, 1865)
  • Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him. -- Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices--just recognize them. -- Edward R. Murrow (television broadcast, Dec 31, 1955)
  • Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die. -- Anne Lemott (from Traveling Mercies)
  • Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them? -- Abraham Lincoln
  • To the soul, there is hardly anything more healing than friendship. -- Thomas Moore
  • All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. -- Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)

And last but definitely not profoundly least:

  • The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. -- Clairee Belcher (from the movie Steel Magnolias)

No comments:

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button