My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's a Nabisco World After All


I’ve often been afraid that my pc was going to turn into a microwave. And what I mean by that is that when microwaves first came out, they were supposed to be “THE” ultimate in modern cooking. Everything could be cooked better and quicker in a microwave. Unfortunately, we know that was a major misconception. As such, microwaves have been relegated to the world of defrosting, reheating, and popcorn popping. That big, new technology ended up being a hot plate in a box. And I was afraid that some thing like that would happen to computers.

Well computers haven’t quite turned into the equivalent of the microwave for most, but when it comes to gaming, I believe it has. Most gamers play on the play station or Xbox or the WII. PC's can't compete with those systems. Years ago, I worked part-time at Electronics Boutique and I remember when gaming was BIG on the pc. I don’t think it’s so big anymore. I think, for the most part, the only games people play on their pcs are the games that come on their pc: Solitare, Hearts, Mahjong, Minesweep, and the like. And simple game websites, like Pogo.com, have become the non-gamers game world.

I do admit I play on Pogo.com. One of my favorite games is Word Whomp. In word whomp, 7 letters appear and you must type in as many words as you can from those letters. It sounds simple but it can be difficult and is very addictive. It’s an exciting challenge to see how many words I can come up with and then see the words I missed. I am very proud of myself when I get all the words and when I miss them, I sometimes wonder how I could possibly do that. But then they come up with some word I never heard of and I realize that I don’t know as much as I thought I did. Where's a crossword dictionary you need one, anyway?

Another sight I enjoy gaming on is Nabiscoworld.com. Yes, Nabisco, that cookie and cracker company also has a website just chock full of games. You can play these games against the computer or with online players who have signed onto the website. You just have to put up with some snack food and cracker advertisements. One of my favorite games on this site is Spades. I sometimes play with on-line players but usually choose to play against computer opponents. The only reason I choose the computer opponents is because the live ones tend to bail once they see they are losing. Poor gamesmanship if you ask me.

So go and check out Nabiscoworld.com. Once you get past all the advertisements, you can play the different games. Mahjong never seemed so good when it’s done with tiles of Cheeze-Its and Triscuits. And you never know who you might meet when you play an online game. Just look for MrBlueSkies. And if you play spades, stick it out to the end. If you are going to use your pc as a microwave, at least wait till the popcorn's done popping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Bookworm Adventures, and actually bought the game. Yes, I know it can seem childish, but it helps me remember grammar and spelling. I admit that I get so excited when I can spell a 7 or 8 letter word. I also bought Mahong, it's so addictive that I can't help it. SG

Preston said...

It never hurts to brush up on grammar and spelling especially when you can have fun doing it.

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button