My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Grilled Vegetable Lasagna - Heather Style

Grilled Vegetable Lasagne
(not the one Heather made cause I don't have a digital camera)

Today Heather made a grilled vegetable lasagna for dinner. I knew this was coming because she had me grill a bunch of veggies last night for her to use in this recipe. I don't have the exact recipe but it was so awesome that I had to write about what I do know.

She started out with whole wheat lasagna. Then she made a chunky tomato sauce from tomato's out of her friend's garden. She then put together a filling of ricotta cheese, soft tofu, and sweet basil pesto. The grilled veggies were eggplant, zucchini, green and yellow peppers, red onion, asparagus, and corn cut from grilled corn on the cob.

She put down a layer of lasagna, then a layer of sauce, then a layer of cheese/pesto, and then layers of each of the veggies, shredded mozzarella cheese, and then repeat the process once more. The last topping should just be pasta, sauce, and shredded mozzarella. Bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

After it's done, allow it to sit covered at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Heather reserved some of the sweet basil pesto and spooned some on top of each piece. She served it along with warm and crusty whole wheat baguette slices. It was an amazing, hearty, and very healthy dinner.

For desert, Heather made a spiced banana single-layer cake dusted with powdered sugar. Aaron ate over and we all ate so much lasagna that we had no room for the cake. I took half of the cake over to my friends, Scott and Sean's, house and they were ecstatic. They love getting food from Heather. I did manage to sneak a little piece for myself and it was deliciously moist. I promise to squeeze out the exact recipes from Heather and post them when I can. Happy eats!

No comments:

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button