My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Monday, June 16, 2008

Sangria Recipe


It really is unfair to mention the wonderful Sangria I make without offering the recipe. Every time I make this Sangria, it goes in a flash and guests are crying for more. So make plenty but make sure you let it marinate a day or two before you drink it. This recipe is designed for a large party but is easily cut in half for smaller groups.

2 - 750 ml bottles of Cold Duck
1 - 64 oz carton of Fruit Punch
1 - 2 ltr bottle of Ginger Ale
2 - cups (appx 500 ml) of Mango Rum
Assorted very ripe sliced fruit like strawberries, cherries,
blueberries, oranges, lemons, rapsberries, peaches,
plums, grapes, apples (make sure you slice all of the
fruit, even the small fruits like cherries & blueberries)

Pour the liquids into a large punch bowl or container. If you plan to serve it in the punch bowl, simply add all the fruit, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours. If you wish to put the Sangria into pitchers, you will need at least 4 two-quart pitchers. Evenly divide the fruit into each pitcher, fill with Sangria, and refrigerate.

You can subsitute regular rum or a different fruit flavored rum if you want but I have found that mango rum tastes best. Most people probably won't even know what cold duck is - I think it was popular in the 70's - but it adds a nice touch of tartness to this sweet, summer drink.

No comments:

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button