My Blog Has Moved

Well folks, I've finally done it. I've switched to WordPress and my blog is now on my own domain. So say good-bye to Blogger and good-bye to the bling. But don't be sad. Life is full of change. Change is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. It challanges us and makes us stronger. And as your next President... oops, I got a little speechy there, didn't I?

Anyway, check me out at:

http://www.meandtheblueskies.com/

I'll look for you there.


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Magic, The Gathering Cards & Me


Have any of you ever played the game, Magic, the Gathering? It's a really cool card game that started in the early 90's. My ex got me into the game and I use to love to play it. It's been quite a while since I've had anyone to play the game with but I would still enjoy playing it, if I can find someone.

For those of you not familiar with Magic, it's a war-like card game that involves creatures, spells, and enchantments. Wikipedia describes it as, "a collectible card game created by mathematics professor Richard Garfield and introduced in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast. Magic is the first example of the modern collectible card game genre and still thrives today, with an estimated six million players in over seventy countries.[3] Magic can be played by two or more players each using a deck of printed cards or a deck of virtual cards through the Internet-based Magic: The Gathering Online or third-party programs.Each game represents a battle between powerful wizards who use the magical spells, items, and fantastic creatures depicted on individual Magic cards to defeat their opponents."

The card above this post is an example of a Magic card that I personally created on the website, www.magic.falseblue.com. (You can click on the title of this post to go there) I used my picture but I kept it fairly true to the text of real magic cards. Another card I created on magic.falseblue is this one:


Not bad, eh? I thought I'd make two magic cards that were tributes to martinis and blogging. (You can click on the cards to see bigger images) I really did love playing Magic and I bet it would be fun to play with a deck of cards that I entirely created myself. I know it would be a hoot. I made a third card using a picture of my dear friend Sandy's son, Evan. He was getting his first haircut and I sorta had an epiphany and this was the card I created:


Cute isn't it? Anyway, if there are any Magic players out there, let me know. I'd especially be interested in meeting people who play the game in South Jersey and who like to play the old way, before the stacking rules. (It's a long story but essentially a few years back the people who make Magic cards changed the way you play the game and I didn't like the new rules) Maybe we could get together for a few games or even create our own cards and decks. Mine would be a killer blog deck.

No comments:

I heart FeedBurner

Photobucket


3 Scrap-Booking Ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quenn Jeanie's Button